One of the differences between the two films was that the first film did not alter the story line as much as the second film. For example, in the first film, Pip came home to find Joe there waiting for him, just as it is in the book; however, with the second film, Mrs. Joe is already home, and immediately starts yelling and hitting Pip. Mrs. Joe is also more violent in the second version than the first version, where she only pulls Pip's ear. I also feel that the second version switches things up a bit more by using a flashback when Pip is lying in bed; the first version is just told the way it is in the book, event by event. However, even though there are quite a few difference between the two films, they are also quite similar as well. For example, in both the films, Pip is very easily pushed around (by both the convict and Mrs. Joe), and the convict is very violent and abusive.
By watching these two films, I was a reminded of how mean and violent the convict was because I sort of forgot about the convict's behaviour in the first chapter after I read about his noble act of not telling on Pip when he was getting arrested. This gives me a deeper understanding of the convict
-Aishi Jiang
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment